Speedscale's load generator relies upon a basic set of config items to determine how it will behave at runtime.
You can view these in the UI:
Or via the CLI:
speedctl get testconfigs
speedctl get testconfig standard
There are several sections within a Test Config:
- Traffic - Set general configuration for how a replay should run
- Load Pattern - Set how load should be applied throughout the replay
- Cluster - Set infrastructure specific settings
- Sidecar - Set sidecar secrets for replays running inside a Kubernetes cluster
- Assertions - Set expected responses from the application
- Goals - Set thresholds which will constitute a failed test report
- Advanced - A text representation of the test config
Some sections contain more details on the following pages.